Companion Data Services’ Cloud Companion® Is Proud To Have Earned The FedRAMP-Ready Status
Our highly secure, multi-tenant, enterprise class cloud computing service offering enables government agencies and non-government organizations to operate in the cloud with greater agility and flexibility while adhering to rigorous security, privacy and information technology governance controls required by the federal government.
Companion Data Services (CDS) delivers fully managed end-to-end cloud integration, development, management and maintenance services. Cloud Companion Managed Services Solutions helps customers effectively create the best architecture and implementation plans for moving workloads to the cloud with confidence and security.
Our cloud hosting services include the provisioning of compute, network, operating system and storage resources to meet customers’ production, development and test computing needs, in addition to the provisioning and administration of the operating system, system management, security, storage management and backup. By combining enterprise-class technology, Cloud Companion delivers high-availability and secured cloud hosting including monitoring, backups and recovery, and 24/7/365 support.
Customers benefit from our health care industry expertise and superior customer service, with a solution built from the ground up with security and best practices. CDS has been selected by the Department of the Navy to provide world-class professional support services for all NAVSEA program executive offices, directorates and field activities through SeaPort-e.
SeaPort-e is the Navy's electronic platform for acquiring support services in 22 functional areas, including engineering, financial management and program management. The Navy Systems Commands (NAVSEA, NAVAIR, SPAWAR, NAVFAC and NAVSUP), the Office of Naval Research, Military Sealift Command and the United States Marine Corps compete their service requirements among 2400+ SeaPort-e indefinite delivery, indefinite quality (IDIQ) multiple award contract holders.
The SeaPort-e portal provides a standardized, efficient means of soliciting offers from among the diverse population of large and small businesses and their approved team members. All task orders are competitively solicited, awarded and managed using the SeaPort-e platform. Since nearly 85 percent of its contract holders are small businesses, the SeaPort-e approach to acquiring services provides opportunity that fuels the nation’s engine of job growth.
Team members don’t have previous experience with SeaPort-e. We currently participate in zones 2, 3 and 4.
Small Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Business (SDWOB), 8a Certified
Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB)
Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB), 8a Certified
|WV, LA, TX
|Convergent Mission Solutions
Service Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB)
|Washington, D.C.; MD; VA
Small Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Business (SDWOB)
Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB), 8a Certified HubZone
Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB)
||Small Disadvantaged Veteran-Owned Business (SDVOSB)
Team Member Functional Areas and Specific Programs
Quality Assurance Program
CDS models our Quality Management System (QMS) on the internationally recognized ISO 9001:2008 standard which emphasizes continuous process and product improvement to guarantee services meet customer requirements, prevent service nonconformity, improve all operations and keep costs in line with budgets. CDS has been audited by an external registrar each year since its inception for compliance with the ISO quality standard with no identified major non-conformances.
CDS manages quality control through:
- Creation and maintenance of the CDS Quality Policy and Quality Manual
- Training new employees, contractors and subcontractors on QMS concepts and requirements
- Process documentation, document control and regular document review
- Control of records and data
- Management commitment to meet customer, statutory and regulatory requirements
- Setting quality objectives, defining organizational responsibility and authority, performing internal audits and engaging external audits of the QMS, and providing internal and external communication on the effectiveness of the QMS
- Communication and control of all requirement changes
- Monitoring, measurement and analysis of process and product effectiveness and customer satisfaction to initiate improvement action
- Objective internal and external audit of the QMS to ensure compliance with requirements, effectiveness of the QMS in meeting those requirements and proper maintenance of the QMS
- Formal documented corrective and preventive action implementation and tracking using data analysis and root cause analysis tools
Regularly scheduled management reviews include review, communication and documentation of:
- Internal and external audit results including interim In Process Reviews (IPR).
- Process and product conformity to requirements
- Customer feedback
- Corrective and preventive action
- Follow-up on actions initiated at previous management review meetings
- Planned changes to the QMS
- Improvement opportunities
In addition reviews, management closely monitors and measures team processes daily to ensure all requirements are met. Any deviations or concerns are immediately communicated to appropriate management and to customers.
Continuous Improvement Model
In addition to monitoring for performance of customer requirements, CDS continuously seeks to improve the processes surrounding those requirements. The process model for the continuous improvement of the CDS QMS is depicted in Figure QAMP-1. The basis for this model is the Deming cycle, a recognized standard for continuous process improvement that has been in use for more than 50 years. The PDCA cycle can be applied to all processes and is incorporated into the ISO standard and the ITIL quality standard.
PLAN: Establish the objectives and processes necessary to deliver results in accordance with customer requirements and organizational policies
DO: Implement the process
CHECK: Monitor and measure processes and products against policies, objectives and customer requirements for the product and report the results
ACT: Take actions to continuously improve performance
The CDS QMS assists management in identifying opportunities for process and service improvement through the following standard activities:
- Customer satisfaction data and feedback
- Internal audit
- External audit
- Management review
- Data collection and analysis
As a result of these activities, CDS management will implement either corrective or improvement actions, such as identification of areas where automation could be used to replace manual processes.
Corrective and Improvement Action Tool
CDS has developed the CDS Improvement Process (CIP) application to track issues identified internally as problems or possible areas for improvement. CIP provides a centralized location for issues and includes functionality for:
- Team selection for root cause analysis and resolution
- Email notifications and communications related to the corrective or improvement process including assignments and due dates
- Identification and documentation of root causes
- Documentation of actions taken to remedy causes
- Verification of effectiveness of actions
- Storage of documents related to the improvement or corrective action in a centralized location
- Records of management and quality department approvals
- Dashboards for status
- Search capabilities
- Reporting functions
CDS management and their teams collect and analyze data for each critical business process. IPRs will be conducted on an ongoing basis during all phases of the project. Management and the Quality Management teams use collected data to verify requirements are met and identify areas where improvements can be made. Process variation is measured and appropriate corrective or preventive action is taken when dictated by significant variation. Data is also be analyzed when processes change or when improvements are made to make sure appropriate results are achieved. Critical measurements include tracking and monitoring data related to customer requirements.
CDS personnel pride themselves on their ability to properly identify, correct and improve on key internal management processes that govern our ability to deliver the highest quality services to our customers.